A background check is an inquiry into a person’s (or a business’) past. It can be a smart and cost-effective way to learn more about an individual or a company you are considering granting access to your professional or personal life. If someone’s past is going to become part of your future, you owe it to yourself to learn as much as you can about them. While a person’s past doesn’t necessarily predict how they will act in the future, and most people don’t have skeletons buried in their closets, the wise course of action is to do what you can to avoid unpleasant surprises and to keep yourself, your family and your associates safe from the unscrupulous – and worse.
As licensed private investigators, we at John A. DeMarr PI employ state-of-the-art techniques and resources to perform thorough and discreet background checks. Our team of investigators and operatives has, collectively 84 years of experience in this aspect of our work. As professionals, we are able to obtain information well beyond the amateur’s reach. Our clients receive a thorough and complete report on a subject’s background.
While some background checks are routine matters – for an employer to run a check on a prospective employee is a matter of course – some clients are reticent at first when it comes to requesting this type of service. Running a background check may strike them as being indiscreet, looking into things that are not their business…or just plain snooping and spying. This really isn’t the case: people seeking access to any part of your life by definition open themselves to honest scrutiny – and a background check is nothing more than honest scrutiny. Any check we run at John A. DeMarr PI is conducted entirely according to established legal and ethical principles.
A background check can be of benefit to the client in many ways. Some of the most frequently requested investigations we perform are (click on the links for a fuller description of the services we offer):
- Business Background Checks
- Criminal History Background Checks
- Dating/Pre-Marital Background Checks
- Employee Background Checks
- Nanny/Caregiver Background Checks
- Pre-Employment Background Checks
Our background checks routinely investigate the following aspects of a subject’s life:
- Current identification and residential information
- Address history
- Professional license search – State of California
- Real estate and personal property search – county of residence
- Department of Motor Vehicles – California (Vehicles)
- Department of Motor Vehicles – California
- Corporate records search – State of California
- County official records search – county of residence
- Civil records search – county of residence
- Criminal records search – county of residence
- Civil records search – federal
- Criminal records search – federal
- Sex offender registration check – State of California
- Judgments/tax liens Search – county of residence
- Bankruptcy search
- Internet search
Additional county and state searches are available at an additional charge. International searches are available as well.
If ever there were a situation in which our watchword – it’s better to know – applies, the background check is it.
To arrange for a background check, or for further information on any of our services, please call 833-4-DEMARR for a free consultation and quote. We may also be contacted by email using the convenient form below.
Background Checks – Free Consultation
Please fill out this form to contact us. We will reply within 24 hours.